Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Taiwan Flag?

After I received my mission call I decided it would be cool if I ordered a Taiwan flag to put in my room. My roommate also purchased a flag of the United Kingdom because he is going to Leeds, England. I came home from school on Monday to find my roommates flag hanging on our window and a package sitting on my bed. I ripped open the package in excitement to find that they had sent me a Thailand flag. Well that's not going to work. I was disappointed but figure people make mistakes so I emailed the company to tell them of their mishap. They apologized and said they will look to see if they have any Taiwan flags in stock. So I am still waiting to get my flag while my roommates sweet United Kingdom hangs proudly in our window. By the way I heard that they eat monkey brains in Taiwan. Yum.

7 comments:

alyssa said...

ADAM!!!! i am sooo excited for you. and a little bit jealous.

Kyle said...

Monkey brains sounds pretty good. I ate pig ear on my mission. You are going to have a great time!!

Sara said...

I think you should display your flag anyway. Foreign flags, appropriate or not, make a guy 17% more interesting. You’ll need someone to write to you, after all.

Ashley said...

congratulations that's really exciting... what flag did they send you?? and england that's exciting too.

Mari said...

Oh funny... and sad! It seems like if you were working at a flag company you would know the difference between Taiwan and Thailand... Oh well. Hope the right one comes soon!

Anonymous said...

Your roomate's going to Leeds?? I went there in 2005...Leed's castle is so pretty!

How long does it take them to mail the flag? Like, when will you be getting the right one?

Ashley S said...

Monkey brains eh? it probably looks more apetizing than the Jurph's "bratworst"/ well, you know... ew. bad memories